Child abuse among Jehovah’s Witnesses is not something that can be considered just an American, Australian or British issue. The fact is that victims can be found in Kingdom Halls worldwide.
Sometimes a news reporter just gets a story right. In a copyrighted news article dated July 21, 2017, reporter Janene Peters (Netherlands Times) covers an important story that another reporter wrote. Here are some of her comments about the article:
- Children of Jehovah’s Witnesses are easy targets for pedophiles.
- One victim called the Watchtower Society a “paradise for pedophiles.”
- All reported cases of abuse are judged only by men.
- Cases can not be resolved unless there are at least two witnesses willing to confirm the abuses.
- Most of the victims interviewed were abused in the 1980s and ’90s, but they confirm that “abuse is still happening.”
- There are about 30,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Netherlands.
- Witnesses in the Netherlands follow the guidelines issued by the leadership based in New York, USA.
- Witnesses believe that the JW organization’s guidelines supersede those of state and local authorities.
- Victims (even young children) are often required to face the molester – unless the accused admits to the crime.
- Molesters and other criminals rarely admit to their crimes.
- Other members are not informed or warned of the criminal acts of known molesters.
- Known molesters are not forced to leave the JW community unless they show no regret.
- Molesters are rarely reported to the police and victims are discouraged from revealing the facts to anyone.
Please read this well-reported article for yourself: